Monday, May 4, 2009

Lessons Learned

This past weekend I awakened earlier than normal for a Sunday morning. My son had an ice hockey practice in a few hours so I decided to try and rest up for another hour before waking him up.

I have gotten into the habit of using the first several minutes of waking each morning to do the following:

1. Thank the Lord for all of my Blessings, my family, health, and for another day to live!

2. I ask the Lord, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to provide Strength and comfort to those in need, those who have departed, and anyone enduring a struggle.

3. I pray to the Holy Spirit for Strength, for Guidance, and for Remembrance.

I always use the Holy Spirit as my guide to any decision, as a comfort when I am anxious or fearful, and always turn my problems, worries and issues over to Him.

He NEVER fails to answer!

So this past Sunday morning I asked the Holy Spirit for guidance and lessons as I lay my head back on my pillow for another hour of shut eye.

I woke an hour later, absolutely stunned by what I had dreamt.

I had a dream that I was in a conflict with a woman neighbor whom I discovered had been stealing from my garage.

In my dream I had witnessed her stealing things and taking them into her home. (As dreams can be strange, the garage in my dream was from my childhood home from 30 years ago -bizarre)

I confronted her with my accusations and she denied all of it. She was adamant she had not stolen and was belligerent and angry with me. I continued to accuse her, certain of the Truth, and I in turn was very confrontational and angry back at her.

After heightened threats of getting the Police involved and anger on both of our parts, this woman broke down and admitted that she had stolen the goods from me for her children who needed them.

She told me to call the police and turned to go and give the items back and I was immediately filled with remorse for my attitude and actions, I told her she could keep the items she took and offered to provide more to her and her family if necessary!

I awoke from this dream and this "lesson", convinced that the Holy Spirit had sent it to me as a way of guiding and educating me - and answering my request for Guidance!

I realized that my Anger and attachment to material items (in this dream I have no idea what the items were that made me so mad and threatening) was a waste of time and energy and that once I gave in to my feelings of "giving", "forgiveness", and "compassion" - I fully realized that the lesson was to stop following negative emotions based on earthly desires and wants - and to connect with people on an emotional level - and forgive!!!

The feeling I experienced in my dream once I "forgave" this woman was one of overwhelming love and joy! It was incredible! And it resonated in my waking world circumstances!!

I strongly URGE you to literally ASK the Holy Spirit for Guidance in your life! Turn over your worries, fears, ego-based desires, competitive ways, and anxieties over to HIM!

He will always respond and lead you onto the Right Path! EVERY TIME!!

However, He WILL NOT do this without your acceptance of Him and Jesus in your Heart and without your ASKING!!

You have to ASK Him for assistance and it shall be yours!!

Start Now!!! Do not Wait!

Joy and Happiness await all of us once we understand how simple it is to break these earthly chains and SEEK the ASSISTANCE of the Holy Spirit, the Teacher assigned to us from Jesus!

Don't believe me? Just try it!

God Bless!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment